Why commission a pet portrait?
- An oil portrait of your beloved pets is the ultimate reminder of the joy of having them around.
- It can serve as a unique and unforgettable gift lasting a lifetime and beyond: Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, birthdays, anniversaries, or any special occasions.
My pet portraits show the likeness and spirit of your pets (click on the examples below). The portraits are painted with professional grade art materials for longevity. In addition, 10% of the proceeds will be donated to local animal shelters. You are contributing to help the animals by commissioning a custom painting for yourself or your loved ones. It's a win-win proposition. There is no payment required before you see the finished image of the painting (see ordering process below).
The paintings come with hanging wires or hooks at the back, so they are ready to hang.
Because the canvas edges are also painted, you can hang the portrait as it is. Or you can add a frame of your choice at your local framing shop (frames not included; examples below are only for visual reference).
The ordering process is simple:
- Send in your favorite pet photos by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (or click here ). The photos need not be perfect, but it's better to be taken under natural light.
- Within 48 hours, I will email you back to understand your preferences for the portrait. Later, a sketch will be emailed to you before I start the oil painting. There are two standard sizes: 16" x 20" (more suitable for half- to full-body) and 11" x 14" (better for head portraits). Contact me for other sizes.
- The portrait usually will be completed within 2-4 weeks. An image of the painting will be sent to you for approval before shipping.
- Make payment for the portrait via PayPal. After clicking the "Add to Cart" bottom below, you will be led to the secure PayPal site for payment. The PayPal site accepts either credit cards or your PayPal account. Pricing is based on portrait sizes and a single subject. If you want to combine more than one subject in a painting, just email me and we can discuss how to fit your needs.